The South Mountain Group, Inc’s fees include the following services for Commercial and Residential transactions. If you need something additional or different, call the office and we will make appropriate arrangements. Please keep in mind, that as noted on our home page, in NC and WV, items such as abstracting, preparing title opinions or property reports, and preparation of legal documents are done by independent counsel in good standing with that states bar.
- Providing staff and contractors fully knowledgable of both forward and reverse mortgages–including SMG’s REST Division-Reverse Experts Seniors Trust.
- E-notary services for banks and lenders whom prefer this to traditional notary services.
- Obtaining and reviewing abstract and making a decision to sell title insurance, with rush service avalible at no extra charge.
- Preparing and providing to the lender/broker title commitment/binder and all other required information in preparation for the loan closing.
- Obtaining any required releases of liens or judgments prior to closing
- Obtaining any required subordination agreements and power of attorneys
- Obtaining any affidavits, ground leases, etc. required
- Obtaining payoff statements
- Obtaining closing package from lender and preparing HUD Settlement sheet and preparing the HUD-1
- We accept documents via email, or overnight carrier.
- Coordinating closing with all parties (mobile services and in home closings for all transactions, evening and weekends–we also conduct e-notary closings.)
- Full settlement and notary services, including e-notary services.
- Meet all lender/brokers post closing requirements
- Disbursement of all funds to the proper parties
- Overnight or wire of all lender/ broker fees
- Record all recordable instruments with the county’s land records
- Obtain and record releases and prepare title policies
SMG is proud to present its Reverse Mortgage Division, REST, Reverse Experts Seniors Trust…
….which includes fully trained HECM staff who has also completly reviewed all AARP materials and completed SMG’s reverse mortgage training/manual–along with highly qualified contractors– ensure your reverse mortgage closes seemlessly. No rushing your senior clients, our closers take their time. Full in home closing services are provided so your seniors close their reverse mortgage both comfortably and safely at home. Evening and weekend hours allows flexibilty for your seniors busy schedules. SMG also wires all proceeds to your seniors so that they have immediate access to live funds at disbursement.
Full in-home notary and witness closings of every county of each state we serve–we do REMOTE, evenings and weekends at no extra charge!